1. What is the criteria to apply for an HSBC credit card?
Individuals who are 21 years and above with a minimum annual income of S$30,000 may apply. A minimum annual income of S$40,000 for self-employed and commission-based Singaporeans or PR applies. Supplementary card applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
2. What are the documents required?
For salaried employees:
For self-employed and commission-based earners:
3. Tell me more about your Rewards programme?
Every dollar charged to your credit card earns you one Rewards point. Rewards points can be used to redeem shopping, dining and entertainment vouchers, gifts and cash rebates. And your Rewards points last not one but THREE years.
4. Tell me more about your Frequent Flyer programme?
Your Rewards points can be translated into free flights with frequent flyer programmes from Singapore Airlines Krisflyer and Asia MilesTM. Every 2,500 Rewards points can be exchanged for 1,000 miles.
5. How much cash can I withdraw ?
The amount of cash you may obtain from your card account is subject to a limit imposed by the Bank, in relation to the status of your card account.
6. Where can I get cash advance around the world?
Cash advances can be made at over 900,000 Visa/Plus ATMs (for Visa cardholders) and MasterCard/Cirrus ATMs (for MasterCard cardholders) in more than 120 countries.
7. What is your finance charge and how is it calculated ?
Finance charge is levied at 2% per month on the amount withdrawn from the day the transaction is posted to your account until the date payment is made in full or the next statement date, whichever is earlier.
Effective Annual Rate : 24% p.a. (minimum)
Minimum Charge : S$2.50
8. What is the minimum payment ?
The minimum payment is 3% of your outstanding balance or S$50, whichever is greater.
9. How many supplementary cards can I apply ?
There is no limit to the number of supplementary cards you can apply and they are free for life.
10. Can I separate my limit and have separate billing for my supplementary cardholder ?
The limit will be shared between the principal and supplementary cardholder(s). However, the statement will list down the individual card expenditure.
11. How may I make payment?
Payment can be made through the following:
12. How can I increase my credit limit on a permanent basis?
You can write in to us and enclose a copy of your latest income document for our review. Please click here for more details.