1. Cardholder who has fully charged to a HSBC Premier, Platinum and/or HSBC's Revolution card the fare of their Public Conveyance of their overseas trip;
2. Family Member of the Cardholder whose Public Conveyance fare of their overseas trip has been fully charged to the Cardholder’s HSBC Premier, Platinum and/or HSBC's Revolution card.
1) Legal Spouse
2) Parents and/or parents-in-law
4) Legitimate child who is between one (1) and twenty-five (25) years of age, not married, not employed, and is residing in the same household and in the same country of residence as the Cardholder.
Personal Accident Coverage
Injury results in the Insured Person's death or Permanent Disability (described in the table of Benefits) within one hundred and eighty (180) days from the date of Accident.
Our maximum aggregate liability to pay the Cardholder and Family Member of the Cardholder arising out of the same accident shall be limited to S$300,000.
HSBC's Maximum Aggregate Limit
Our maximum aggregate liability to pay all Insured Persons arising out of one conveyance and from one single Accident shall be limited to S$15,000,000. In the event that the claims from all Insured Persons arising out of one conveyance and from the same Accident exceed S$15,000,000 in the aggregate, each Insured Person will be paid a share of S$15,000,000 according to the proportion each claim bears to the aggregate claim from all Insured Persons.
HSBC Platinum or HSBC’s Revolution cardholder
Table of Benefits
Death/ Permanent Disability
Loss of two (2) limbs
Loss of sight in both eyes
Loss of one (1) limb and Loss of sight in one (1) eye
Loss of sight in one (1) eye
Loss of a thumb and index finger of the same hand
Basis of Coverage
Family Member of Cardholder (Adult)
Family Member of Cardholder (Child)
Conditions of Coverage
We cover the Insured Person for Injury as a result of an Accident occuring :
- Anywhere in the world outside the Injured Person's country of domicile; and
- During the Period of Insurance, whilst the Insured Person is travelling on, boarding or alighting from a Public Conveyance; provided the fare of such conveyance has been fully charged to the Cardholder's HSBC Card.
This policy does not cover and we do not pay for injury or disability directly or indirectly resulting from:
1. suicide or any attempt thereat or deliberately inflicted by or on behalf of the Insured Person, regardless of whether the Insured Person is sane, insane or under any mental distress;
2. the Insured Person being in an aircraft, unless as a fare-paying passenger;
3. any criminal or illegal act committed by the Insured Person or their designated beneficiary, legal heirs or legal personal representative;
4. the Insured Person commuting in a car or taxi whether as a driver or a passenger;
5. the Insured Person's participation (including any act of provocation) in strike, riot, civil commotion hijack, murder or assault;
6. war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities or warlike operations (whether war be declared or undeclared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection or military or usurped power, terrorism howesoever arising or any act thereof;
7. any act of nuclear, chemical or biological terrorism, regardless of any other cause or event contributing concurrently or in any other sequence to the Injury.
On the happening of any Accident likely to give rise to a claim under this Policy, the Insured Person (or their legal personal representative in the event of death of the Insured Person) must promptly take reasonable steps to :
- obtain and follow medical advice from a Medical Practitioner;
- obtain a medical certificate from a Medical Practitioner confirming the nature and extent of Your Injury or Disability; and
- notify Us of the accident.
The Insured Person (or their legal personal representative in the event of death of the Insured Person) must complete our claim form and send it to us as soon as reasonably practicable and provide us with other information and/or documents or help which we may request to support the Insured Person's claim. Written notice of claim must be given to us no later than thirty (30) days from the date of the Accident. The Insured Person or their legal personal representative must also give us, at their expense, all the help and information and/or documents we request failing which we have the right not to make any payment under the Policy.
Payment of Claim
Save as herein provided, any payment under the Policy is payable to the Insured Person. In the event of death of the Insured Person, payment under the Policy is payable to the estate of the Insured Person.
No payment shall be made under this Policy if the Insured Person's claim is found to be fraudulent or intentionally exaggerated or if any false declaration or statement be made in support thereon.
Nomination of Beneficiary Exclusion
You may not make a nomination pursuant to Sections 49L and 49M of the Insurance Act (Cap. 142). Notwithstanding anything stated in the Insurance Act (Cap.142) (including but not limited to Section 61 of that Act), Policy moneys shall be paid out in accordance with the above section 'Payment of Claim".
AXA Insurance Pte Ltd
Personal Travel Accident Insurance is underwritten by AXA Insurance Singapore Pte Ltd and distributed by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, Singapore Branch. Above are the highlights of the insurance coverage. This brief is issued for cardholder's information only and is not a contract of insurance. It is subject to the terms and conditions of the respective Master Policy, a copy of which is available for sight on reasonable request at HSBC, Singapore. Any endorsement or amendments to the insurance cover as agreed between the Insurer and AXA Insurance Pte Ltd shall be binding without prior notice to the Insured Person.