Approval In-Principle - Terms and Conditions
1. The online application is subject to approval. The Bank will notify the applicant of the outcome of the application via communication methods previously authorised by the applicant and/or in writing.
2. The notifications of the outcome of the application will be sent to the applicant within one hour for applications submitted between 8 am to 11 pm provided the Bank's server is not experiencing unexceptionally high volume or undergoing system maintenance. For applications submitted after 11 pm, notifications will be given the next day.
3. Approval in-principle is a provisional approval provided by the Bank based on the information provided by the applicant. Upon satisfaction of all requirements fulfilled by the applicant, including submission of the documents as stated on the Letter of Instruction, the Bank shall review and if appropriate, grant a formal approval and provide the applicant a newly opened personal loan or personal line of credit account.
4. Approval in-principle is only valid for 14 days during which the applicant must submit the neccessary documents to the Bank for processing.
5. Approval in-principle is only applicable for online applications.
6. Approval in-principle is not applicable for joint applicants and other circumstances as prescribed by the Bank from time to time.
7. HSBC reserves the right to vary the terms without prior notice at any time.
8. These terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with the personal line of credit and personal term credit, terms and conditions. For full details, please click here.