Diversify your investments
Find out what you need to do to invest in structured deposits with us.
Structured deposits offer several key benefits:
- Invest in underlying financial instruments, not usually accessible to a retail investor
- Pre-packaged to meet specific investment needs
- Could help spread the risk of your entire investment portfolio
- The return on a Structured Deposit is variable and depends on the performance of an underlying financial asset, product or benchmark
What are structured deposits?
Structured deposits are fixed-term investments that trade in assets that may otherwise be out of reach for a retail investor. Their features and terms can vary, so no two structured deposits are the same.
Generally, they are pre-packaged investment products designed to meet specific needs – which often can't be met through more traditional investments like stocks and bonds.
The return on a structured deposit is based on a complex formula. The potential return depends on the performance of the underlying financial instruments, such a stock market indexes, equities, interest rates, foreign exchange rates or any combination of these.
There's a structured deposit available for every type of investor. Whether you have a low appetite for risk or are bit more adventurous in your outlook, you can diversify your investment portfolio with a structured deposit.
Things to consider
- Structured deposits carry a low to medium level of risk, as they use derivatives to hedge risks and improve performance
- Structured deposits are generally fixed-term investments. You should be able to commit to them for a medium-to long-term period. They may not be suitable if you need to cash in early
- If a structured deposit is terminated prior to its maturity (early unwind), investors may get back less than their initial investment
- Structured deposit returns 100% of principal back to investors only if it is held until maturity
- Familiarise yourself with the underlying investment assets and how the structured deposit's returns are calculated. This way, you'll understand the factors that may affect your return
How to invest
Interested in adding structured deposits to your portfolio? Speak to one of our financial advisors to find out more about your options.
Structured deposits are not fixed deposits. Unlike traditional deposits, structured deposits has risk and investment elements and is not an insured deposit within the meaning of the Deposit Insurance and Policy Owners Protection Schemes Act 2011. You may wish to seek advice from a licensed or an exempt financial adviser before making a commitment to purchase this product. In the event that you choose not to seek advice from a licensed or an exempt financial adviser, you should carefully consider whether this product is suitable for you.
The information contained on this web site is intended for Singapore residents only and should not be construed as a distribution, an offer to sell, or a solicitation to buy any securities in any jurisdiction where such activities would be unlawful under the laws of such jurisdiction, in particular the United States of America and Canada. The specific investment objectives, personal situation and particular needs of any person have not been taken in consideration. You should therefore not rely on it as investment advice. Before you make any investment decision, you may wish to consult a financial adviser. In the event that you choose not to seek advice from a financial adviser, you should carefully consider whether the investment product is suitable for you.
|You might be interested in|
Pool your money with other investors, with a professionally managed portfolio.
Enjoy a lower-risk form of investment where you lend your money to an investor rather than buying in.
Access global opportunities in major markets by directly trading in stocks and bonds online.