Why open an account overseas with HSBC?
- Open an account for free and before you arrive in your new destination
- View all your HSBC accounts in one place online
- Transfer your credit history when you move
- Make instant transfers between your HSBC accounts
- Enjoy the same HSBC Global Private Banking and Premier privileges in eligible markets
How to apply for an overseas account
Get started with opening your account in 3 steps.
1. Choose your destination
Select your current location and where you'd like to open an account. We can help you open an account in more than 30 countries and regions worldwide.
2. Check your eligibility
You can apply if you're at least 18 years old and have a valid reason for opening an account. There may be different requirements depending on where you're opening an account.
3. Start your application
We'll show you how to apply online, through our International Banking Centre or at a branch, and what documents you'll need.
Where you can open an account
You can apply for an HSBC overseas account in the following destinations:
Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bermuda, Canada, China, Egypt, Expat offshore (Jersey), France, Greece, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Macau SAR, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, New Zealand, Oman, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Turkey, UAE, UK, USA and Vietnam.
In some locations, you may need to visit a local branch to open your account.
Ready to open your account overseas?
Frequently asked questions
What documents will I need to apply?
How much is it to open and maintain an account overseas?
How long does it take to open an account overseas?
You may also be interested in
How to bank securely online
See how to keep digital fraud at bay as you switch to doing more of your banking online.
Get tailored wealth management services and banking support for you and your loved ones, wherever you are in the world.
Why Singapore is a great place to live and invest in
See what makes the Lion City an attractive destination for expatriates, investors and entrepreneurs alike.
1. Overseas mortgages and overseas account opening applications will be processed by overseas HSBC group entities, and will be subject to the approval of the overseas HSBC group entity where the property or account is located.
2. We recommend opening an HSBC Singapore account first for a smooth international account opening journey.
3. If you hold HSBC Premier or Jade status in another market, you will automatically be eligible for HSBC Premier in Singapore. Your Relationship Manager will help you open your account.
4. Credit card-only customers are not eligible for overseas account applications. Please open an HSBC Singapore bank account first.
Deposit Insurance Scheme
Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to SGD75,000 in aggregate per depositor per Scheme member by law. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured.