Invest with confidence and peace of mind
Get started on unit trust
0% sales charge
Reap the benefits of diversification and professional management at a lower starting capital with unit trusts.
From now until 30 June 2019, enjoy 0% sales charge on the purchase of Regular Savings Plans and only 1% sales charge on lump sum investments in Unit Trusts purchased online.
Invest and ride with style
Reap the benefits of investing with Unit Trusts purchased online.
From now till 30 April 2019, enjoy S$50 Grab vouchers when you make a lump sum investment of minimum S$8,000 in a single transaction through HSBC Personal Internet Banking.
What are unit trusts?
With a unit trust fund, your money is invested alongside many other investors by a professional fund manager in a diversified portfolio of investments. You don't have to make day-to-day investment decisions, because the manager does that for you. Depending on the fund strategy, your money could be invested in various asset types, from stocks to bonds to currency trading and more.
See our unit trust range
You can compare all our available funds to find the ones that best suit your goals and attitude to risk.
Unit trusts offer several key benefits:
- Diversification in one investmentA unit trust fund invests in a diverse portfolio of investments. This helps to diversify your risk better than investing in a single security.
- Liquidity and no lock-in periodYou can buy and sell unit trusts on any dealing day (except on public holidays in the countries to which your fund is linked) with relative ease - online or through your Relationship Manager. Your money need not be tied up for a specific period of time.
- Low costs and investment commitment to access a basket of securitiesUnit trust allows you to gain access to a portfolio of investments from as low as $1,000 and at a lower cost compared to buying them individually and constructing the portfolio on your own.
- Access to different markets and investment instrumentsGain exposure to countries, regions, sectors and investments that are not easily accessible as an individual.
- Professional managementYour investments are managed by investment professionals who spend their careers researching and managing investments. With a unit trust, let their expertise work for you.
Things to consider
As with all investments, there is an element of risk.
- Market volatility will cause the value of a unit trust to rise or fall
- Foreign exchange rates can fluctuate, so a unit trust may change in value if it invests in investments denominated in a different currency than what you invested in
- The performance of any unit trust also depends on the expertise and investment decisions of its fund managers
- Unit trusts differ in terms of investment objectives, strategies, risks and costs. It is important to choose one that best matches your investment objectives and risk profile.
You need to have the following:
- An active investment account with HSBC with Personal Internet Banking (PIB).
- A valid settlement account in the denominated currency of the Fund you wish to invest into.
- Valid Customer Knowledge Assessment (CKA) where you have assessed to have knowledge and experience in transacting UT.
Things to know
Fees & chargesPress enter to collapse Press enter to expand
DisclaimerPress enter to collapse Press enter to expand
Product Risk RatingPress enter to collapse Press enter to expand
How to invest
If you already have an unit trust investment account with HSBC, just log on to browse, buy and sell unit trusts.
Don't have Personal Internet Banking?
Please get in touch with us to set up an investment account.
Visit our branch
Visit any of our branches to speak to us about opening an investment account.
You might be interested in
Access global opportunities in major markets by directly trading in stocks and bonds online.