What can you do with this debit card?
- Enjoy $0 fee in 10 currencies for your retail purchase and cash withdrawal 1,2
- Manage funds from your Everyday Global Account and convert currencies at your preferred rate online
- Make contactless payments through Visa payWave and withdraw cash at millions of touch points globally
- Make secure purchases with Apple Pay anytime, anywhere
- Attractive rewards when you activate and use your debit card:
- Higher savings: Earn up to 1.68% p.a. bonus interests on your SGD savings with your Everyday Global Account. Click here for more details.
- NETS Chinese New Year Draw: Stand to win up to SGD1,888 when you spend with NETS on your HSBC Debit Card! Simply spend min. $38 in a single receipt at supermarkets, mini-marts, convenience and provision stores and be one of the 200 lucky winners. Click here for more details.
More card benefits for your local and global use
Make secure purchases in stores, apps and on the web with your iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad and Mac.
Sign or wave to pay for your transactions at over millions of touchpoints globally.
Pay for your local purchases at over 100,000 acceptance points using PIN or tap.
Access your funds easily
Convert currencies in real time
How does this outweigh other cards?
Ready to apply?
Existing customer with other deposit account
You can apply for the Everyday Global Account (EGA) and Debit Card with your internet banking access.
Existing EGA customer
Have an EGA but no debit card? Simply fill out the application form and your debit card will be issued to you.
New to HSBC
Leave us your contact details and we will be in touch with you. Otherwise, please visit any HSBC branches islandwide to open your EGA with the Debit Card.
Frequently asked questions
How do I link my Current and/or Savings Account to my Everyday Global Debit Card?
How do I use my new HSBC Everyday Global Debit Card? Is there an annual card fee?
Do I get to enjoy no FX fee on my overseas purchases and cash withdrawal?
If I already have a HSBC Debit Card, do I need to carry 2 different cards?
Can I use my HSBC Everyday Global Debit Card if I have insufficient foreign currency balance?
Things you should know
- Removal of NETS FlashPay feature on HSBC debit cards
HSBC debit cards that are issued from 14 December onwards will not have the NETS FlashPay feature. If you are holding on to an existing HSBC debit card, you may continue to use it. Learn more here.
Fees and charges
Things to note about card activation and usage
1Applies to successful retail purchase, online shopping and cash withdrawal made via the 10 supported currencies. If you do not have sufficient foreign currencies to complete the transactions, we will convert the transaction at a prevailing rate as determined by the bank and bill you in Singapore dollar.
HSBC Personal Banking Everyday Global Debit Card Cardholders enjoy $0 HSBC ATM fees for overseas cash withdrawal at all HSBC ATMs except in Argentina, France, Brazil, Greece, Malta, Mexico, New Zealand and Turkey.
HSBC Fees apply for cash withdrawals at non HSBC ATMs. Please note that for all customers, fees may be applied by the 3rd party banks for cash withdrawals at non-HSBC ATMs worldwide.
6From 11 March, when you apply for more than one SGD current and savings account which includes the Everyday Global Account, only the Everyday Global Debit Card will be issued, and the remaining current and savings accounts opened will be linked as secondary accounts to the Everyday Global Debit Card.
Debit card purchases will be from the primary account linked to your card i.e. the Everyday Global Account. For ATM withdrawals, you can choose between your primary account or any secondary accounts (up to 2 accounts) linked to the card. Secondary accounts can be current or savings accounts. Please note at non HSBC ATMs locally or overseas, if you have linked 2 or more accounts of the same type you may not be able to select the subsequent account, subject to the acquiring bank ATM setup.
Deposit Insurance Scheme
Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to SGD75,000 in aggregate per depositor per Scheme member by law. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured.