Australian Property Financing
Features & benefits
- Attractive interest ratesWe offer competitive interest rates on your international property loan.
- Choice of loan currencyWant a loan in Australian or Singapore Dollars? The choice is yours.
- Long loan tenor optionsGet a mortgage and pay it off over 30 years as long as the loan expires before you reach 70 years of age.
- Wide coverage of locationsPerfect for buying residential properties as investments in Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne or Sydney.
- Competitive loan to valueLoan amount of up to 70% (for AUD loan) and 60% (for SGD loan) of purchase price or property value, whichever is lower.
- Exclusive privileges for HSBC PremierYou can qualify for HSBC Premier with a minimum loan size of AUD/SGD200,000.
Guide to purchasing Australian property from abroad
Step 1: Find the right home away from home
For your property agent:Press enter to collapse Press enter to expand
For your conveyancer or solicitor:Press enter to collapse Press enter to expand
Step 2: Determine your budget
Don't forget other costs associated with buyingPress enter to collapse Press enter to expand
Step 3: Get the right financing solution
Simply speak to our friendly HSBC Mortgage Specialists who will advise you on the application process and recommend financing solution based on your needs.
Step 4: Property inspections and legal advice
Property inspectionsPress enter to collapse Press enter to expand
Legal advicePress enter to collapse Press enter to expand
Step 5: Loan acceptance
- Once you have submitted all required documents and passed credit assessment, an offer will be made to you. Our mortgage specialist will arrange an appointment with you to explain the terms and conditions before you accept the offer.
- Prior to settlement please ensure that you purchase your home (building) insurance for your new property effective from the date of settlement.
Step 6: Settlement
The date of settlement is the date you take legal ownership of the property. The balance of the purchase prices has to be paid that day. It's usually six weeks (30 days in Queensland).
What happens during settlement?Press enter to collapse Press enter to expand
Things to note
To apply for an international mortgage, you must:
- Singapore Citizens/Permanent Residents or Foreigners (Employment Passholders) residing in Singapore
- take out a minimum loan size of $200,000 (AUD/SGD)
How to apply
Speak to one of our mortgage specialists to learn how we can help you every step of the way.
Frequently Asked Questions
You might be interested in
|Wherever you are today, we could help you create a better tomorrow.|
|Maximise your financial flexibility with our investment financing facility now.|