Start your student life on the right foot
How HSBC can help you
Supporting your education
Planning for overseas education
- Start planning early. Learn more about financial planning for your children's overseas education.
- Make an appointment with us to find out more and plan towards your goals.
- Through HSBC Premier, you can get access to our global education consultants, who offer overseas study guidance in some of the most popular destinations.
Preparing to go overseas
- Open your bank account and have your supplementary credit card / debit card ready before leaving home country for a smoother transition[@studyinginsingapore-premieremastercard-supplementarycard].
- Stay worry-free by providing your children full medical coverage even from miles away with HSBC Life
- Pay tuition fees and accommodation expenses conveniently with our online banking or mobile app via HSBC Global Money Transfer at zero fee
- Global Study is designed for students pursuing overseas studies. Get coverage for unexpected events such as accidents, illness, study interruptions, and even holiday travel disruptions, with 1-month up to 12-month cover options.
Studying or settling overseas
- Get access to real-time foreign currency exchange rates online, or contact your Relationship Manager for other foreign currency products, including HSBC Foreign Exchange Loyalty Pricing programme
- With access to up to USD2,000 of emergency cash from HSBC outlets worldwide, you and your children will always be well equipped to deal with any unexpected circumstances
- Work with our education partners to help your children to plan for their careers
Planning for future
- Partner with us in your financial journey and enhance your financial confidence in the areas of financial guidance, wealth creation support and long-term planning.
- Investment and insurance - build your wealth and secure your future via HSBC FinFit and our range of insurance products
- Get access to our insights for wealth management and planning for next generation
Resources for studying overseas
Open an HSBC account
You may also be interested in
Deposit Insurance Scheme
Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to SGD75,000 in aggregate per depositor per Scheme member by law. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured.