The smarter way to manage international transfers between HSBC accounts
With HSBC Global Transfers, you can transfer money between your globally linked accounts quickly and seamlessly, with no transfer fees. Plus, you'll enjoy zero intermediary bank charges when you make instant3 transfers to your family and friends' HSBC accounts worldwide4.
Additionally, get a single online view of all your worldwide HSBC accounts at home or abroad, and manage your money anytime, anywhere.
The service is available to all HSBC customers on the HSBC Singapore app and HSBC Online Banking.
Get started by logging on to your online banking account.
Global Money Transfers Promotion
Get up to SGD40 Lazada voucher when you transfer money internationally via Global Money Transfers on the HSBC Singapore app. Valid from 1 May until 31 Oct 2023.
With HSBC Global View and Global Transfer, you'll:
- Save time doing your bankingIt's easy to view the balances and make transfers between your eligible worldwide accounts in over 27 countries/territories1.
- Pay no feesTransfer up to SGD250,0005 (or foreign currency equivalent) a day with no transfer fee.
- Pay and transfer abroad instantly3HSBC Global Transfers is the quickest way to Pay and transfer between your globally linked accounts and other 3rd party HSBC accounts. You also have the ability to set up future-dated or recurring transfers*.
- Know what exchange rate you'll getTake control with real time foreign exchange rates enabling you to transfer your money when it suits you, at competitive rates2.
Things to know
The maximum outbound and inbound limit for Global Transfers to my globally linked accounts from Singapore HSBC accounts is USD200,0005 (or foreign currency equivalent) per day. Other countries/regions may have local limit restrictions. Please check with your destination country/region for limit information.
- To use Global Transfers for your globally linked accounts, you must have eligible HSBC accounts in other countries/regions.
- While you'll know the foreign exchange rate you're getting, a foreign exchange margin is applicable if the transaction involves a currency conversion, including cases where the currencies are pegged.
- All conversions and foreign exchange rates used or provided are indicative only and subject to change by the Bank at any time (including intra day changes) without notice. Such conversions and rates are only fixed upon your confirmation of the transaction.
- The conversion of any foreign currency may result in gain or loss depending on the exchange rate.
- If any error occurs in our systems or the information provided due to market disruption, anomaly or any event outside of our control, we reserve the right to rectify the error or take appropriate action on a case-by-case basis.
Eligibility and fees
- Available to all HSBC customers.
- Global Transfers to your globally linked accounts is available on the HSBC Singapore app and HSBC Online Banking. Global Transfers to other 3rd party HSBC accounts is available on HSBC Online Banking and the HSBC Singapore app through HSBC Global Money Transfers.
- You need to perform a one-time linkage of your Global Accounts via HSBC Online Banking to view your HSBC global accounts on HSBC Online Banking / HSBC Singapore app.
To complete the linkage, please log on to HSBC Online Banking. Then select 'Account Services' > 'Add/Remove Your country/territory', then follow the instructions on screen.
- Waived for all HSBC Singapore customers.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Global Transfers and Worldwide Transfers?
How do I transfer to my globally linked accounts on the HSBC Singapore app?
How to access Global View and Global Transfers
HSBC customers registered for online banking
Log on to set up or access Global View.
HSBC customers not registered for online banking
If you are not already registered for online banking, you can do so in just a few clicks and discover the benefits.
Contact us in branch or by phone
Request a call
Leave us your contact details and a member of our International team will be in touch with you within 3 working days.
You can contact us directly by calling:
In Singapore: 1800-HSBC NOW (4722 669)
From abroad: (65) 6-HSBC-NOW (4722 669)
Data, information, news, videos and computation tools are provided for informational purposes only, and are not intended for trading purposes. The Bank shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content or computation, or for any actions taken in reliance on the same. Information contained in this document is obtained from sources believed to be reliable; however HSBC does not guarantee its completeness or accuracy.
1Australia, Bahrain, Bermuda, Canada, Channel Islands & Isle of Man, China, Egypt, France, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Jersey, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, New Zealand, Oman, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, Vietnam.
2Foreign exchange transactions performed over the weekend and public holidays are subject to a higher bank spread compared to weekday transactions as markets are closed during these times. Such rates usually remain more competitive than prevailing board rates in Singapore.
Real time rates are available on HSBC Online Banking and HSBC Singapore app between Mondays 9.30am Singapore Time and Saturdays 5.00am Singapore Time (excluding Christmas Eve, Christmas day, New Year's Eve and New Year's day). However, real time rates may not always be available for the following currencies: Bermudian Dollar, Egyptian Pound, Qatari Riyal, Indonesian Rupiah, Sri Lankan Rupee, Malaysian Ringgit, Vietnamese Dong, Philippine Peso and Omani Rial.
3Foreign exchange transactions involving the following currencies: Bermudian Dollar, Egyptian Pound, Qatari Riyal, Indonesian Rupiah, Sri Lankan Rupee, Malaysian Ringgit, Vietnamese Dong, Philippine Peso and Omani Rial may not be processed instantly over the weekend and public holidays.
4Remittances to 3rd party accounts via HSBC Global Transfers is available for 3rd party HSBC accounts in Hong Kong SAR, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Taiwan, China, Bermuda, Greece, Bahrain, Egypt, Oman, Qatar, Malaysia, CIIOM, Australia, New Zealand and Malta.
5The maximum daily transfer limit for Global Transfers to other 3rd party HSBC accounts is SGD250,000 (or foreign currency equivalent), or up to the maximum daily limit you've set for 3rd party account transfers, whichever is lower. This is separate from the maximum daily transfer limit of USD 200,000 (or foreign currency equivalent) for Global Transfers to your globally linked accounts.
*Not available for "Global Transfers to other HSBC accounts".
You might be interested in
FX Order Watch
Set your own target FX rate to convert funds automatically and receive alerts when your designated FX rate is reached.