Supporting your international education
Planning to study abroad? Whether you're coming to Singapore or leaving to study elsewhere, we offer everything you need to make the most of your international education. That's why our range of banking solutions make it easy to manage your money, with extra services to support you and your parents.
Open your account before you arrive
Manage your money across borders and view all your accounts in one place
Bank like a local and get expert guidance you can trust
Get the same Premier Family benefits worldwide for you and your parents, with exclusive lifestyle privileges from our partners
Open an account before you arrive
Wherever you're arriving from, our International Banking Centre can help you open an account in Singapore, even before you land.
For some countries, you can also apply for an account online (as long as you're at least 18).
Stay globally connected
Bank in Singapore and back home easily to help manage your money wherever you are.
Move money between your accounts and pay other HSBC accounts overseas instantly with Global Transfers, and non-HSBC accounts anywhere with Global Money Transfers
Access your account from anywhere
View and manage your accounts securely wherever you are with the HSBC Singapore mobile app and in online banking with your Digital Secure Key
Get support for all your FX needs
View real-time foreign exchange rates, trade currencies and make transactions 24/7 with the HSBC Quick FX app
Bank like a local
Manage your money as if you never left home, so you can make the most of studying and living in Singapore.
Open an HSBC Everyday Global Account
Our multi-currency, fee-free account makes it easy to get cash, shop online and in-store worldwide
Pay your tuition and everyday expenses easily with FAST, PayNow and SimplyGo
Make transfers and get cash instantly
Get a complimentary debit card with Apple and Google Pay, Paywave and NETS to make instant transfers and get cash for free across our wide ATM network
24/7 digital banking
Send money within Singapore and manage your account in the app
Enjoy HSBC Premier Family benefits worldwide
- Your parents can share their Premier privileges with you and 2 other siblings aged 12-30 years old. You'll have your own account and personalised benefits
- Experience the benefits of Premier banking worldwide, with added privileges for you and your family
- Stay connected back home with support from a dedicated Family Relationship Manager who can speak your language
- Your parent can apply for a Singapore-issued Premier Mastercard as the main applicant, and you can get a free supplementary card to use abroad, if you're over 18. Applications are subject to review and approval
Get support from your bank, wherever you are
We'll help you before you arrive and once you settle in Singapore, so your international journey gets off to a smooth start.
- Use our Chinese-language services online, via our Contact Center
- Get instant emergency cash (up to USD2,000) from any HSBC branch worldwide
- Get a replacement HSBC Premier card within 2 days if it's lost or stolen
International payments and finances
Need to deal in foreign currencies or manage your finances from abroad?
Whether it's face-to-face or on-the-go, we have a range of convenient ways to bank.
Coming to Singapore soon?
We'll help you open an account from your home country before you arrive. Just leave your details with us.
If you're heading out of Singapore to study, visit a branch or contact your Relationship Manager to get started.
Terms and conditions
Deposit Insurance Scheme
Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to S$75,000 in aggregate per depositor per scheme member by law. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured.