Wherever you travel, wherever you live, it is essential you are able to enjoy the adventure that is life. Here at HSBC we allow you to do just that, by giving you the peace of mind that if something does go wrong-we have your back.
Home and home content insurance
We understand that your home is so much more than simply a roof over your head. We also know the importance of everything in it, the items that transform it from a house into your home. That is why we have created HomeSurance Classic. Each of its three levels of comprehensive cover give you the peace of mind you cherish, in one affordable, convenient and easy to understand package.
Benefits and features
- "All Risks" coverage - Protects you, your family and your possessions from fire, burglary and accidental damage including riot, malicious act, lightning, thunderbolt, explosion, collision or impact from falling tree branches or vehicles.
- Personal liability - HomeSurance Classic indemnifies you should you be liable to pay compensation for bodily injury or damage to property up to S$1,000,000. Examples include falling flower pots from your property, slippery floors and accidental breakage of your neighbour's property or valuables.
- Ease of application - There is no need to go through the inconvenience of itemising your possessions at the point of application. This includes everything from jewelry and silverware to fine art and coin collections. The insurable items (with the exception of clothing, linen, wallpaper, floor coverings and pedal cycles) will be settled on a "new for old" basis.
For a full list of what we cover, please refer to our HomeSurance Classic Plan
How do I apply for the home and home content insurance?
One of the great things about Singapore is that it has some of the world's greatest travel destinations right on its doorstep. From Bali to Phuket, Cambodia to Halong Bay there is a whole world out there to explore. With HSBC SmartTraveller you can do just that, with the peace of mind that you and your loved ones are covered.
Benefits and features
- Pays up to S$20,000 under Trip Curtailment even if you need to remain overseas for medical treatment
- Pays up to S$12,000 for unrecoverable deposits under Trip Cancellation
- Your Personal Accident cover starts 3 hours before departure
- Your Trip Postponement benefit starts 30 days prior to the departure date
- Covers up to S$600,000 for medical and dental treatment whilst overseas
- Covers travel diversion and travel misconnection due to delays of the public conveyance
- Pays up to S$3,000 for your lost/damaged golf clubs whilst overseas
- Pays up to S$7,000 for lost personal effects, plus reimburses you to replace the essential items
- Covers leisure amateur sports such as bungee jumping, parachuting and sky diving
- Automatic Extension of Policy:
Up to 30 days if you are hospitalised or quarantined whilst overseas as advised by a physician.
Up to 72 hours if the public transport in which you are travelling is unavoidably delayed.
Where does it cover?
ASEAN: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand & Vietnam.
Asia: Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea, Macau, Mongolia, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Timor-Leste & countries under ASEAN.
Rest of the world: Including Nepal, Tibet & countries under ASEAN & ASIA. If the same trip involves travel several countries, therefore crossing an area of travel, the premium will be calculated based on the area of travel with the highest premium.
How do I apply for HSBC SmartTraveller?
In Singapore it is against the law to drive a motor vehicle on the road without a valid insurance policy. Motor insurance also makes good sense. Besides covering you for personal injury to third parties, it can also cover your costs if you damage someone else's property and for any other loss or damage you might suffer in a motor accident.
HSBC's SmartDrive is the first motor insurance in Singapore that allows you to customise your own plans based on the needs of you and your family.
Choose between the following 7 affordable plans:
Basic and vital protection with 24/7 Towing and Transportation, as well as Guaranteed Repairs for 12 months.
SmartDrive Essential Plus
In addition to the SmartDrive Essential plan, you will enjoy the Car Protector, Daily Transport Allowance and Delivery of Repaired Car to your preferred location.
Basic and vital protection with the flexibility of your preferred workshop, as well as Medical and Dental expenses and Flood Protection.
SmartDrive Flexi Plus
In addition to SmartDrive Flexi, you will enjoy the Car Protector, Daily Transport Allowance and Delivery of Repaired Car to your preferred location.
SmartDrive Flexi Family
Complete protection for your loved ones. In addition to SmartDrive Flexi, you will enjoy Personal Accident coverage, Loss of Personal Effects and Waiver of Named Young or Inexperienced Driver Excess.
Complete, all-in-one coverage for greater convenience. Enjoy even more coverage with 24/7 Towing and Transportation, Loss of Personal Effects, Flood Protection and Delivery of Repaired Car to your preferred location.
SmartDrive For Her
Exclusively designed for women, this is the only plan that gives you Excess Waiver from the 3rd year, as well as Phone Assistance and Roadside Support.
SmartDrive aims to make driving safer for you and your loved ones. Other benefits include:
- Additional windscreen cover at no extra cost
- Coverage for accidental loss/damage to your car
- Personal Accident coverage
- Coverage for floods, hurricanes, earthquakes and other acts of nature
- Coverage for damage caused by strikes, riots and civil commotion
- Passenger risk and liability coverage
- Third party liability including property damage, bodily injury and legal service
- 24/7 assistance throughout Singapore, West Malaysia and Thailand