Invest in your future with a loan backed by your assets
Our Wealth Portfolio Lending loan gives you access to extra funds, and this is secured by your existing eligible HSBC assets acceptable to the bank. The Effective Credit Limit granted is dependent on the type of assets pledged and will be subject to the Bank's approval.
A loan can help you easily reach your goals, without having to worry about your cashflow.
Plus, you can use your assets flexibly to increase your liquidity, helping to protect your existing wealth and open up new opportunities.
Ready to apply? Find out if you're eligible for Wealth Portfolio Lending.
Why choose Wealth Portfolio Lending?
- Extra value without the extra feesA Wealth Portfolio Lending loan is secured against your eligible HSBC assets, so there's no service fee. You can use as little or as much as you need within your Effective Credit Limit. Plus, the loan is available in major currencies including SGD, USD, AUD, GBP, EUR and HKD.
- Flexible repaymentThere's no minimum drawdown or minimum monthly repayments.
- Stay liquid without cashing outWhether you're looking to venture into new investments, treat yourself or settle any unexpected expenses, you can access extra funds without liquidating your existing investments.
- Wide range of accepted collateralSecure a loan against a range of eligible assets like Time Deposits, Bonds, Unit Trusts and Equities held with the Bank.
- Attractive interest ratesInterest is calculated on a daily basis, and you’ll only pay interest on the amount you utilize. A minimum of SGD10 interest charge applies. Rates are not fixed and are subject to change from time to time.
How wealth lending works
A Wealth Portfolio Lending loan is secured against your existing eligible assets.
You can use the wealth lending loan:
- For a specific reason;
- As a standby line of credit ; or
- To specifically invest in selected investments.
Investments subscribed / purchased using the facility are not eligible to be pledged to increase your Effective Credit Limit.
HSBC Wealth Portfolio Lending Accounts
We'll then open an HSBC Wealth Portfolio Account, where you can access your funds, while the assets in the Wealth Portfolio Investment account is used as collateral for the loan. The Effective Credit Limit on the loan is based on the Advance Ratio of each eligible asset.
What's an Advance Ratio?
The Advance Ratio (AR) is a pre-defined set of loan ratios assigned to each Eligible Asset. It includes Concentrated AR , Diversified AR and Residual AR. The Advance Ratio of an eligible asset will build up from Concentrated AR and will be adjusted using the Residual AR up to the value attributed at Diversified AR as shown in the table below. You can ask your Relationship Manager for more details.
If your eligible asset is held in a different currency from that of the loan currency, we will apply a cross currency margin reduction of up to 10% of that drawdown amount from your Effective Credit Limit.
View the Advance Ratio of Eligible assets
For a full list of acceptable Unit Trusts, Equities and Bonds, please speak to your Relationship Manager.
How to apply
Who can apply?
Before you apply for Wealth Portfolio Lending, check that you:
- are an HSBC Premier
- are a resident of Singapore or another eligible country.2
To apply for Wealth Portfolio Lending, call us on:
+65 6227 8889 (or on 1800 HSBC Now (4722 669) if you're calling from abroad)
Or, get in touch with your Relationship Manager to discuss the assets you'd like to pledge and submit your loan application.
You can also visit your nearest branch.
What happens next?
You'll then receive confirmation of your Effective Credit Limit within the next few working days, and you can start using your funds straight away.
Deposit Insurance Scheme
Deposits in Singapore dollars by non-bank depositors are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation for up to SGD75,000 in aggregate per depositor, per Scheme member by law. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured.
This web site is for information only and should not be construed as an offer, solicitation or recommendation of any product or service. The information contained on this web site is intended for Singapore residents only and should not be construed as an offer, solicitation or recommendation of any product or service in any jurisdiction where such activities would be unlawful under the laws of such jurisdiction, in particular the United States of America and Canada.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I repay the loan?
What happens if I can't pay the loan back?
Can I cancel the loan?
You might also be interested in
Access global opportunities in major markets by directly trading in stocks and bonds online.
Practical tips for successful investing article
Diversify to reduce risk and open up to more return opportunities.
Personal line of credit
HSBC's Personal Line of Credit gives you extra cash of up to 8X your monthly salary with one of the lowest prevailing interest rate in town.
1. Interest rate is referring to HSBC Premier customers. Applies to SGD, USD, EUR, AUD, GBP and HKD currency loans. Interest rate: 1 month VLR* + 0.95%. 1 month VLR refers to the Bank's Variable Lending Rate for SGD, USD, EUR, AUD, GBP and or HKD on a daily reset basis, as determined by the Bank and takes into consideration various factors including, but not limited to, costs of borrowing, internal business costs and market conditions. For promotional pricing, if any, please contact your Relationship Manager.
2. For the most up-to-date residency and citizenship criteria, please get in touch with us before you apply.