Invest in your future with a loan backed by your assets
Our Wealth Portfolio Lending loan gives you access to extra funds, and this is secured by your existing eligible HSBC assets acceptable to the bank. The Credit Limit granted is dependent on the type of assets pledged and will be subject to the Bank's approval.
A loan can help you easily reach your goals, without having to worry about your cashflow.
Plus, you can use your assets flexibly to increase your liquidity, helping to protect your existing wealth and open up new opportunities.
Ready to apply? Find out if you're eligible for Wealth Portfolio Lending.
Why choose Wealth Portfolio Lending?
- Extra value without the extra feesA Wealth Portfolio Lending loan is secured against your eligible HSBC assets, so there's no service fee. You can use as little or as much as you need within your credit limit. Plus, the loan is available in major currencies including SGD, USD, AUD, GBP, EUR and HKD.
- Flexible repaymentThere's no minimum drawdown or minimum monthly repayments.
- Stay liquid without cashing outWhether you're looking to venture into new investments, treat yourself or settle any unexpected expenses, you can access extra funds without liquidating your existing investments.
- Wide range of accepted collateralSecure a loan against a range of eligible assets like Time Deposits, Bonds, Unit Trusts and Equities held with the Bank.
- Low interest ratesInterest is calculated on a daily basis, and you'll only pay interest on the amount you utilize. A minimum SGD10 interest charge applies. Rates start as low as 2% p.a.1
How wealth lending works
A Wealth Portfolio Lending loan is secured against your existing eligible assets. Find out more about the different types of lending loans we offer.
You can apply for a non-purpose loan if you need quick, regular access to funds without affecting your existing assets.
If you want to use the loan to specifically invest in selected investments, you can apply for a purpose loan.
HSBC Wealth Portfolio Lending Accounts
We'll then open an HSBC Wealth Portfolio Account, where you can access your funds, while the assets in the Wealth Portfolio Investment account is used as collateral for the loan. The credit limit on the loan is based on the Advance Ratio of each eligible asset.
What's an Advance Ratio?
Advance Ratio is a percentage applied to the market value of each of your eligible HSBC assets. If an asset is in a different currency to the loan currency, the Advance Ratio will be lower.
View the Advanced Ratios of Eligible assets
How to apply
Who can apply?
Before you apply for Wealth Portfolio Lending, check that you:
- are an HSBC Premier or HSBC Jade customer with at least 3 different eligible investments with us
- are a resident of Singapore or another eligible country.2
To apply for Wealth Portfolio Lending, call us on:
+65 6227 8889 (or on <OVERSEAS NUMBER> if you're calling from abroad)
Or, get in touch with your Relationship Manager to discuss the assets you'd like to pledge and submit your loan application.
You can also visit your nearest branch.
What happens next?
You'll then receive confirmation of your credit limit within the next few working days, and you can start using your funds straight away.
Deposit Insurance Scheme
Deposits in Singapore dollars by non-bank depositors are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation for up to SGD75,000 in aggregate per depositor, per Scheme member by law. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured.
This web site is for information only and should not be construed as an offer, solicitation or recommendation of any product or service. The information contained on this web site is intended for Singapore residents only and should not be construed as an offer, solicitation or recommendation of any product or service in any jurisdiction where such activities would be unlawful under the laws of such jurisdiction, in particular the United States of America and Canada.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I repay the loan?
What happens if I can't pay the loan back?
Can I cancel the loan?
You might also be interested in
Access global opportunities in major markets by directly trading in stocks and bonds online.
Practical tips for successful investing article
Diversify to reduce risk and open up to more return opportunities.
1. Interest rate is referring to HSBC Premier customers. Applies to SGD, USD, EUR, AUD, GBP and HKD currency loans. Interest rate: 1 month VLR* + 0.95%. 1 month VLR refers to the Bank's Variable Lending Rate for SGD, USD, EUR, AUD, GBP and or HKD on a monthly reset basis, as determined by the Bank and takes into consideration various factors including, but not limited to, costs of borrowing, internal business costs and market conditions. For promotional pricing, if any, please contact your Relationship Manager.